2022 LASG Open Research Program Notification
2022 LASG Open Research Program now starts. Researchers at home and abroad are welcome to participate in this application.
The State Key Laboratory of Numerical Modeling for Atmospheric Sciences and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics (LASG), Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences is an internationally renowned laboratory of atmospheric sciences. In the spirit of mutual benefit and win-win cooperation, LASG Open Research Program is specially established to strengthen complementary communication among LASG and other atmospheric research institutes.
2022 LASG Open Research Program will give priority to application for following topics:
1. High-resolution atmospheric model, intricately detailed scale ocean model and sea ice model
2. Numerical methods to high-resolution land surface processes simulation
3. Air-land-sea interactions and monsoon dynamics
4. Predictability of high-impact weather and climate events; new methods of ensemble forecast and data assimilation; and the application of theories and methods of emerging disciplines (artificial intelligence, system science, etc.).
5. New algorithms to geophysical fluid dynamics
6. Simulation of climate change and decadal climate prediction
7. Application of big data to numerical modeling
LASG Open Research Program is divided into Key Program and General Program. LASG approves 1~2 Key Programs and several General Programs every year. The funding for the Key Program is 100,000RMB throughout 2 years; The funding for the General Program is 50,000RMB throughout 2 years.
The applicant should be Non-LASG member.
The collaborator should be a LASG tenure scientist.
Research priority of the program must closely relate to LASG key research tasks.
Please fill in and email your application form (attachment) to Dr. PAN Jing (email@example.com) by 15 Nov 2021. And two copies of the application form are also required to be sent to LASG Secretariat.
Post address: 40# Hua Yan Li, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chao Yang District, 100029.